a japanese life

the life and times of a young japanese woman

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ohanami




I went to Ohanami (Cherry blossom-viewing picnic) last Sunday with my friends.

Ohanami is very popular among Japanese in Sakura (cherry blossoms) season.

Poeple eat Bento (boxed meal) and drink Sake under fully blooming cherry trees.

We were very lucky that it was very warm sunny sunday and it was the day that cherry reached fully bloomed. (untill saturday, it was not yet blooming fully, coz it had been a bit chilly.)



Even we look down on the ground, cute modest wild flowers are blooming.
I enjoyed their beauty too.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger daily llama said…

    Beautiful photos and thanks for letting me share your Ohanami - I grew up in Ireland and every April I would walk to school under cherry trees in bloom. I was just a little, ignorant boy but I thought, even then, that it was a very wonderful sight and so reminiscent of the burgeoning of life after the long nippy Winter!

    "Sama zama no mono omoidasu sakura"!

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thanks dear ryoko. mesmerized by the beauty of sakura. got goose pimples upon setting my eyes on the great photos. i have to see it one day and soonest. my unfulfilled cherished dream.

    meanwhile, dodo and i (the past two weeks) have mustered the discipline of waking up early for our 30 min morning walk before heading to work. i enjoyed it so much because of the many flowers we see and smell as we walk. it's summertime! i now almost remember which street/turn has this tropical flower that surprisingly abound within the neighborhood.

    flowers and blooms.. of weeds and all.. nurture my soul.

    lovelots.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home